Social Security Disability Applications
First, we would like you to know that if you pick up the phone, email, or chat with us – there is NO FEE. We do not charge a fee unless we help you receive benefits. We will advance the costs necessary to move your case forward, and we will only be repaid if you are awarded benefits.
Social Security Disability
- Medical: To qualify for Social Security disability benefits, you must prove you have a severe, medically determinable impairment that limits your functioning to such an extent that you aren’t able to work. In each disability claim, this determination is made with a five-step evaluation process.
- Non-medical: To be eligible for Social Security disability insurance (SSDI), you must earn less than a certain amount of money each month
- In 2020, the amount is $1,260 for disabled applicants and $2,110 for blind applicants) or you’ll be considered “not disabled” because you are able to do substantial gainful activity. That limit does not apply to “unearned income.”
Paid FICA taxes for a certain number of years to the Social Security Administration (generally 4 to 5 quarters).
Fulfill certain citizenship or lawful residency requirements (but foreign workers can qualify for SSDI).
To be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (if you have insufficient tax credits), you cannot have more than $2,000 in assets for an individual or $3,000 for a couple. Money received infrequently or irregularly does not count as income and should not interrupt your SSI payments.
The Six Domains for Evaluating SSI for a Children
- Acquiring and Using Information
- Attending and Completing Tasks
- Interacting and Relating to Others
- Moving About and Manipulating Objects
- Caring for Self
- Health and Physical Well Being